OCEAN REEF CONCEPTUAL COLLAB BY WILLIAM TAYLOR OF TAYLOR&TAYLOR, INC.





My good friend Russ Post at Sotheby’s, Key Largo recently invited me to come up with some ideas to promote an amazing lot that he has listed in the exclusive Ocean Reef Club in tropical Key Largo.  The property is especially amazing because of it’s unusual  “pie” shape. The lot widens to a sunny southern exposure with over 200 feet on a protected and crystal clear waterway. I always love to splay the wings of my homes whenever possible even on more regular rectangular lots.  The effect  creates multiple views instead of a single more static view… it always surprises me how different a view can be even if it shifts as little as ten or fifteen degrees which is often enough to capture a long water view or often a bridge off in the distance.  Russ and I decided it would be best to sketch up a classic tropical home which immediately brought to mind the work of famed theater designer Oliver Messel who dabbled architectural design in Barbados. So what you see is a classic “Island” inspired home, no more than one room deep in order to bring in the bright Florida sunlight all day long.   These striking images were both created by my very talented son Jeremy Taylor form his own design studio in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. WRITTEN BY BILL TAYLOR OF TAYLOR&TAYLOR, INC.





Facebook Twitter Google+
 
Back To Top